If you don’t have much time, we advise you to use a black pencil, if you can use it without much problem. You can use a stencil or a guide to get the shape you want.
When it comes to makeup, we are not stuck with ideas, because we can adopt a wide variety of different styles and it is fun to change. But the art of highlighting the eyes follows different rules.
While there are many ways to highlight the eyes, this practice is still extremely complex. Even for those who are used to applying makeup on their own.
Highlighting the eyes gives life and emphasis to our faces. This is why it is so important to be very careful when applying a line under the eyes because the unity of the makeup will depend on it.
If you want to learn how to highlight your eyes perfectly, we invite you to continue reading this article.
1. Choose the right eyeliner
Before you start highlighting your eyes, you should know that there are different types of eyeliner. So you have to choose the one that suits you best:
- Gel: it is easy to apply, keeps in a small glass jar and has its own independent brush.
- Felt: this eyeliner looks a lot like gel eyeliner, with the only difference that it has internal storage for color.
- Feather: this requires much more precision, it is often darker and has a feather-shaped tip.
- Black pencil: it is perfect if you do not have a lot of experience, it is generally softer than liquid pencils or gels.
2. Have a firm hand
Many of us find it difficult to have a firm hand when applying makeup, which is a concern that can totally ruin our style.
To improve your position, follow these tips:
- Sit in a sufficiently lit space, to see what you are doing.
- Let your elbow rest on a flat surface. This will allow you to eliminate the irregular movement of your hand.
- When applying your eyeliner, try to rest your little finger on your cheek. In this way, you will be able to relieve your tremors.
- Hold your breath and you avoid having sudden movements.
3. Guide points and eyeliner
If you don’t have a lot of experience with eyeliner, you can start by drawing a few points on your eyelid, then link them with your makeup.
You can also start by drawing guides directly over your eyes. Make them very thin and as close as possible to your lashes, then thicken them little by little.
4. Do not stretch the skin
Although it may seem simpler when you do, you should not stretch the skin of your eyes before applying eyeliner. Because, when you go to relax, you will run to a disaster.
If you can’t help but do this, be sure to clean the lines you just drew with a little makeup remover or use a concealer on excess makeup that has formed in your eyes.
5. Highlight your eyes with tape
If you want to get a fine and perfect line at eye level, it can be difficult to get it freehand. This is why we recommend that you follow the following steps:
- Get adhesive tape.
- Apply a piece between your eyelashes and your eyebrow, at the corner of your eye.
- Apply your eyeliner regularly.
- Let it dry.
- Gently remove the tape.
You can also use a card or make a homemade stencil with cards you no longer use.
6. Freeze your eyeliner
If you use a black pencil and it starts to lose color or crumble, follow our advice:
- Clean the tip of your pencil gently.
- Close it well.
- Put it in the freezer.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
Carrying out these few gestures will allow you to identify your black pencil and thus avoid future makeup accidents.
7. Have deeper eyes
If you want your eyes to be very deep, draw a line at the bottom of your eyelid. This simple gesture will give incredible depth to your gaze.
8. The Rimmel in case of emergency
You find yourself in an emergency and you don’t have your favorite eyeliner. Here are some steps to save you the day:
- Take a very fine paintbrush.
- Use your Rimmel’s brush to take on color.
- Highlight your eyes as you are used to.
The Rimmel has the same color as the eyeliner, the difference will not be noticed at all.
9. Have a feline style
Here’s a style we all love! It gives a feeling of elegance and sensuality, but it especially seems to stand the test of time because it resists all fashions.
If you are looking to highlight your eyes perfectly, follow these few steps:
- Make sure your eyelids are completely dry before you start.
- Shake your eyeliner well before use, to avoid lumps.
- Draw a line above your eyelashes as you are used to, by slightly raising the tip.
- Look carefully at your route before continuing. If the height does not suit you, raise the tip a little more.
- Draw a line from the center of your eyelid to the point you just drew.
- Fill the space between the two lines.
- Wait until everything dries.
- Do the same for the other eye.
10. Final tips
When highlighting your eyes, you need to feel safe. If you don’t trust yourself, your makeup will not be perfect.
Do not despair if you do not achieve the perfect layout for the first time. With a little more experienced, you will improve your technique and you will become an expert shortly.